Oz Lithops seedlist update?

Latest Lithops news from around the world & the web.
brom

Re: Oz Lithops seedlist update?

Postby brom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm

mary44 wrote:All I have is confirmation of PayPal payment. As the items remain in my cart I am increasingly wondering if my order did not get processed at all.

If the products have remained in the shopping cart, the shop owner can not even know what you have ordered and for what the money has been transferred. The products remain in the cart only if they are already sold out. Then they have to be removed from the cart, otherwise you can not pay properly.
The varieties such as cv "Fred's Redhead" not only have to be put into the shopping cart immediately as fast as possible (and even faster), but also paid immediately! So sometimes I got five orders instead of one(!), because I always pay immediately, otherwise they will sell out in the meantime :|
Viele Grüße aus Marienthal
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 pm

brom wrote:
mary44 wrote:All I have is confirmation of PayPal payment. As the items remain in my cart I am increasingly wondering if my order did not get processed at all.

If the products have remained in the shopping cart, the shop owner can not even know what you have ordered and for what the money has been transferred. The products remain in the cart only if they are already sold out. Then they have to be removed from the cart, otherwise you can not pay properly.
The varieties such as cv "Fred's Redhead" not only have to be put into the shopping cart immediately as fast as possible (and even faster), but also paid immediately! So sometimes I got five orders instead of one(!), because I always pay immediately, otherwise they will sell out in the meantime :|

I have had a lovely reply from Oz Lithops. Apparently they did get my order ok, it was the fact so many transactions happened at the same time that the usual clearing of the basket did not happen. Apparently they had over 100 accounts logged in and placing orders all at the same time :o ;) . I did wonder if people put their most wanted into the basket, pay, then return for second pickings afterwards. 5 times Brom? Impressive :shock: I did wonder.

So I should have some super seeds winging their way to the U.K in the next few weeks.

I did have time as a result to print out my basket so I actually know what I ordered too.

brom

Postby brom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 am

mary44 wrote:5 times Brom? Impressive :shock: I did wonder.

Yes, and sometimes Oz Lithops have made my multiple orders into one or made two out of 5. Actually, I did not want to tell this... :oops: 8-)
Please avoid the unnecessary citation. I do not suffer from Alzheimer's or memory loss and know exactly what I have written :lol:
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 am

Your secret is safe :) I am learning :P I will be interested to see what you grow from them in about a years time :) I plan to start sowing in the New Year which is my normal time.

Australian

Postby Australian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:25 am

Eric has created this rush of buying by posting all seeds at one and announcing it to all people on his mailing list. It probably suits him because so he can sell both the rare and the more common seeds.

brom

Postby brom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

mary44 wrote:I will be interested to see what you grow from them in about a years time :)

I hope to be able to show you the photos of the successes pretty soon 8-)

Australian wrote:Eric has created this rush of buying

That is not completly correct,
it was much earlier at Mesagarden. Those who did not order on the 8th of January within the first few seconds after the update had not received any rare varieties and cultivars. But at Oz Lithops, you know what you bought immediately, not as @Mesagarden months later...
This rush of buying is due to buyers from China, not Oz Lithops or anyone else.
Boris

mary44

Postby mary44 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Sadly I had a very nice email from Eric saying they did not have my order, as I feared, so I was unsuccessful in ordering this time, and they have refunded my payment. He has suggested I reorder those that remain on the website and they will do their best to help me obtain those that are now sold out. A generous offer as this was beyond their control due to too many people paying via paypal at the same time.

Apparently this happened to several customers.

Australian

Postby Australian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:31 pm

In the end even the efficient ordering system of Oz-Lithops collapsed because it could not cope with the volume of orders. If the orders from China clog up the system, even if they have their own Oz-Lithops outlet, then we have fallen behind in time. The alternative could be that Oz-Lithops moves to an auction based website so that buyers can decide how much to pay for a packet above the listing price.

The ordering system of Mesa Garden under Steve Brack became probably obsolete already around year 2000. Then the massive ordering from China made it collapse under the new owners.

Return to “Lithops News”